1. Maintain records of material ordered and received
2. Locate vendors of materials, equipment or supplies, and interview them in order to determine product availability and terms of sales.
3. Prepare and process requisitions and purchase orders for supplies and equipment.
4. Control purchasing department budgets.
5. Interview and hire staff, and oversee staff training.
6. Review purchase order claims and contracts for conformance to company policy.
7. Analyze market and delivery systems in order to assess present and future material availability.
8. Develop and implement purchasing and contract management instructions, policies, and procedures.
9. Resolve vendor grievances, and claims against suppliers.
10. Represent companies in negotiating contracts and formulating policies with suppliers.
11. Direct and coordinate activities of personnel engaged in buying, selling, and distributing materials, equipment, machinery, and supplies.,
12. Administer on-line purchasing systems. ,
13. Arrange for disposal of surplus materials.